Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!!

As you all know, that with new years come new birthdays. This past Thursday, January 7th was my 24th Birthday.

Now I usually spend my birthdays with my family and current boyfriend. But this year was different. It had to be, after all, my last 3 birthdays were spent at home with no cake sick with the flu, which is normal when you live somewhere that still has snow on the ground and is 20 degress outside.

This year, thursday evening, we all went out to dinner at Holihans in Hershey. It was myself, my boyfriend, my mother, her boyfriend, my grandfather, and grandmother. We had drinks, good food, chatted about life and love. Then it was time for presents. I got wonderful cards with money, and the matching leopard Juicy Couture hoodie that matches the Juicy Couture purse and wallet I bought for myself for my birthday. When it came time for my boyfriend to give me his present....he presented me with this:

Photobucket

Dita Von Teese's new Striptease Book! I about died. If you don't already know. I love Dita! She's the one that started me on my path to finding 40's glamour. Which was a big change from the 50's I Love Lucy/Marilyn Monroe look I was doing at the time.

So...........

A couple days pass and it's Saturday, January 9th around 4pm. My boyfriend comes to me holding a recent Etsy buy that I haven't had a chance to wear yet. He hands it to me with my 40's gold strapy heels, and tells me to put it on cause we have somewhere special to go. So, I get dressed and hop in the car. As we're driving I realize we are heading towars Hershey again. At this point I'm thinking "what the...." when I realize we're going to The Hershey Hotel.

Photobucket

I love that place! If they would let me live there with my little dog, I totally would. lol So, we arrive and walk into the new lobby. We had the lady at the desk take a quick picture of us. The very first of the evening. Which at this point, I'm highly excited about cause I know this is about to turn into the best birthday present ever.

Photobucket

Matt really tried to be vintage that night. He found a vintage suit and tie on ebay and wore it for me. Now we just need to get the shoes and fedora part down, and maybe a hair cut. lol But we soon checked out coats in and headed upstairs to the main part of the hotel. It opened to a great room with painted clouds on the ceiling that lights up to match the time of day it is outside. Amazing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Behind me is where the original front desk use to be in 1934!


By the time we were finally done exploring the rest of the hotel. It was time to go into The Circular Diningroom for dinner.

Photobucket

We ate, then had cake!

Photobucket

It was a vanilla cake with a whipped icing, vanilla creme between each layer with raspberries throughout. Wonderful!

And when the check came. The server brought me this plat with chocolate on it and a chocolate covered strawberry. :)

Photobucket

Happy New Year to all!!!

xxLola*

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - I'm glad you had a nice time. :) Your boytoy is very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredibly sweet of him! Sounds like you had an amazing night~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute, vintage style! I love it. It'd be cool if you could follow my blog too :)
    http://mypeachprincess.blogspot.com/
    Love,
    xx. Peach Princess ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete