Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Finding Matilda's Vintage Closet

Last month I had a chance to do some running around and check out some local antique shops and vintage clothing stores. I had decided to head out to the Glendale area, as I had passed a couple of stores that peaked my interest one day while driving by. I parked my car and started walking to the first place I had seen. Inside they had alot of glassware including kitchen and vanity items. Sadly there was only one thing that caught my eye, and that was a hand vase. It reminded me of the one my great grandmother had during the 1950s. As to where that one is now, I have no idea.

Photobucket

I continued on down the street, and turned the next corner. I was taken a back. To me, in what seemed to be shinning in big bright letters was Matilda's Vintage Closet. I took a deep breath and walked in happily. I was suprised by all the clothing they had in the store, but went through finding myself two very sweet treasures.


30s 40s navy blue dress
Photobucket
These show the actual color better
Photobucket
The detailing in the pleats
Photobucket


30s 40s white satin robe
Photobucket
The lace detailing
Photobucket

And here is a fun video by Douglas Mounce starring Amanda Lee about Matilda's Vintage Closet!




xoxo Lola*

1 comment: